Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Note from Sis. Evans


Young Women,

I just finished reading the Book of Mormon and it was such a great experience.  I think the Lord knew this challenge was exactly what I needed in my life at this time.  I hope you are happily continuing on with the Virtue goal of reading the Book of Mormon.  I just wanted to share my testimony with all of you.  I know I am far away but I hope you can feel the spirit testifying of the truthfulness.  I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God, written by his servants the prophets.  When I get to Moroni 10 and I read Moroni's challenge for each of us to pray to gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon, I get so excited.  But each time I feel the spirit testify so strongly that it is true, it is difficult for me to believe that anyone could doubt, if they are an honest seeker of truth.

As I read through the Book of Mormon this time I noticed more God's love for his children.  How much he works and sacrifices to try and help the people on earth repent and turn to him.  He has promised us so many blessings if we trust in him.  I am so grateful for Joseph Smith, as he was an instrument in the Lord's hand to translate the Book of Mormon.  I find it interesting how many prophets who wrote in the Book of Mormon were concerned about the record being preserved. To each the Lord promises that it will come forth in his own due time.  How blessed I feel to be living in that time.  To not only have a copy of the Book of Mormon but to have many copies both digital and hard copy and extras to even give away.  I know that God lives and loves me and you.  He knows us individually and as we seek his guidance, he will be there for us.  He has answered my prayers through the scriptures and as I read my scriptures.  If you have anything to hang on to, it is the gospel.  I love you all and hope all is well.

Love,
Sister Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment